To join either the resident or affiliate program, you must complete the application process and be selected for admission.
Companies seeking DSTA membership must complete the following application process:
- A completed DSTA application and
- A business plan or similar document that includes a description of the product or service, intellectual property, target markets and customers, sales plan, revenue model, financial resources and needs, and the professional background and expertise of the management team.
- Meet with DSTA management for an informal discussion of the proposed business model and to learn the value that DSTA can provide.
After receiving a completed application, the DSTA Management Team will review the application based upon our selection criteria. Qualified applicants will be invited to interview with the DSTA Management Team. The goal of the interview is to determine the candidate’s fit with DSTA. Preliminary acceptance into DSTA is subject to review by the DSTA Application Review Committee.
DSTA seeks applications from early-stage defense and security technology companies. Companies must be for-profit and be developing a product or service for the military and/or commercial marketplace. (i.e. “dual use”)
Applications are evaluated by DSTA based on the following selection criteria:
- Business Potential
- Technical merit and commercial viability
- Quality of management team
- Ability to utilize DSTA services
- Economic impact on the community